Required Skills / Experiences
- Experience one or more monitoring or observability systems/platforms; Prometheus, Graphite, OpenTSDB, Grafana, DataDog, Nagios, SignalFx, etc.
- Understanding of logging storage and aggregations systems; Splunk, vRealize LogInsight, Scalyr, Sumo Logic, etc.
- Good knowledge of public cloud provider services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Experience delivering software or providing operations on a Unix/Linux platform
- Periodic travel as needed (30%)
Desired Skills / Experiences – Application Architecture
- Prior technical pre-sales experience
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Prior experience presenting to application development technology leaders
- Experience working in a modern SRE or DevOps support culture
- Experience with one or more of the following languages, systems, and frameworks such as .Net, Java/Spring Go, Python
- Working understanding of modern software build tools including Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, and Bundler
- Fluent in multiple languages (French, German, Spanish, Italian + English)
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.