We’re looking for the first Senior Product Designer with a passion for building technical tools and scalable design systems.
You will be building UI that developers around the world ❤️ and rely on: time-series dashboards, data visualizations, data-driven dashboards, core SaaS functionality, and the design systems and tools that power it.
Your work will make the data we collect easy for users to understand and act on.
Please note that a portfolio is mandatory for consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
- Produce design prototypes and specifications for CloudQuery flagship SaaS Product.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented accurately.
- Practice the balance between UX and beautiful UI / visual design
- Support internal partners (engineers and product managers) through clear guidelines, assets and creative problem solving
- Understand and implement user testing and UX research to create data-driven solutions
- Transform complex ideas into proposals for simple and elegant user-friendly designs across all relevant interfaces
- Participate in design critiques and reviews, presenting your work with variations and rationale, as well as provide feedback for others
- Compellingly communicate your ideas to, and incorporate the ideas of, a wide variety of teammates and stakeholders
- Help guide our overall strategy through design, prototyping, and competitive market research
- Design review and controlling developers, not afraid to criticize implementation, passionate about end result
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate
- You have 5+ years of experience in digital product design – ideally at a tech-forward, product-driven company
- Expertise with Figma or other design tools
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping interaction design work in web applications
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with front-end engineering teams and have some hands-on experience contributing presentational code to web projects
- Strong opinions, loosely held on what excellent web experiences look like and how to design them
- Knowledge of design fundamentals including layout, color, typography, and tone
- Experience working closely with software engineers and a basic understanding of how things are built
- Ability to adapt to and work within constraints
- A portfolio of visual and interactive designs focused on data visualizations that includes process work with variations, rationale, prototyped interactive explorations, attention to detail, and lessons learned
- Organized and self-sufficient
- You are confident in writing HTML & CSS and are comfortable using Git version control.
- Understanding of motion principles and motion design for the web
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- You have worked on technical products and data visualizations
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or developer tool
- Familiarity with MaterialUI and MaterialUI theming and customization
- Remote-first company!
- Competitive pay with significant options pack upside.
- Remote-friendly environment and culture that nurtures company and team events to stay connected
- Lots of responsibilities with tons of opportunities for advancement!
CloudQuery is an open-source, developer-first infrastructure security company. Our open-source project is wildly used by SREs, DevOps & Security engineers around the world. Come work with us to build SaaS products for developers powered by our open-source tools.