Valence is the first Business Application Mesh security company, focused on managing the risks from third-party integrations and secure app-to-app connectivity. Founded by serial entrepreneurs, the company is backed by YL Ventures, a leading cybersecurity-focused VC, and by a network of security executives and advisors from leading US companies. We’re on a mission to allow enterprises to securely embrace digital transformation by building innovative solutions with cutting edge technology.
What Are We Looking For?
As an early tech lead in a young startup, your impact on the company is unbound: our team not only implements the plan but actually creates the plan, engages with customers and product management, defines testing and execution methodologies, according to each core team member’s strong suites and preferences. We believe in distributed decision making, and we expect high investment in developer experience, test automation, and overall quality of architecture and code.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Hands-on development and automated testing
- Build and recruit the frontend guild
- Take ownership of architecting efficient and reusable front-end systems to drive complex web applications
- Coach and mentor developers and help them elevate their frontend skills
- Deliver UI components and screens – bringing wireframes from design to implementation
- Collaborate with engineering counterparts, participate in code reviews, interviews and task prioritization
- At least 6 years of experience as a frontend or full-stack development
- Proven management skills and experience
- Experience with React, TypeScript MobX, and Webpack
- Familiarity with storybook – advantage
- Proficient in CSS and basic UI/UX capabilities
- Write clean and quality-minded code
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Eager to work in a young dynamic startup environment