Valence is the first Business Application Mesh security company, focused on managing the risks from third-party integrations and secure app-to-app connectivity. Founded by serial entrepreneurs, the company is backed by YL Ventures, a leading cybersecurity-focused VC, and by a network of security executives and advisors from leading US companies. We’re on a mission to allow enterprises to securely embrace digital transformation by building innovative solutions with cutting edge technology.
What Are We Looking For?
As an early team member in a young startup, your impact on the company is unbound: our team not only implements the plan, but actually creates the plan, engages with customers and product management, defines testing and execution methodologies, according to each core team member’s strong suites and preferences. We believe in distributed decision making, and we expect high investment in developer experience, test automation, and overall quality of architecture and code.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Hands-on development (Frontend and Backend), DevOps and automated testing
- Deliver UI components and screens – bringing wireframes from design to implementation
- Design our developer experience (DX), architecture and product infrastructure
- Work cloud native, AWS account per developer, microservices architecture with best of breed technologies and quality first approach
- Collaborate with the core team, participate in code reviews, interviews and task prioritization
- Gain ownership and responsibility as the company grows
- At least 5 years of experience as a Fullstack engineer
- Experience with Golang, React, TypeScript – Advantage
- Proficient in CSS and basic UI/UX capabilities
- Experience with AWS, IaC, Kubernetes, Docker, and PostgreSQL
- Good familiarity with Web Push and WebSockets – advantage
- Write clean and quality-minded code
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Eager to work in a young dynamic startup environment