Senior Backend Engineer / Principle Python Developer
Rekall’s client is the virtual assistant for restaurants.
We are developing an innovative, conversational voice-based AI for the restaurant world.
Its first skill is already being deployed at scale: automated order-taking in Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) where it improves customer experience, increases sales, and reduces employee stress.
We are looking for someone who can be a leader in the team, meaning you will have a lot of experience in QR, in guiding other staff members
- 5+ years experience in Python (expert level)
- Experience in SW design and backend development
- Experience in developing and deploying multiple projects used in production
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, CI/CD, Clouds (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Qualities: Star performer, Team player, Fast, Strong ownership, Passionate about their work, Great communicator.
- Being an Architect with deep design experience.
- Experience with gRPC, Async IO, WebRTC.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with Golang.
About the role:
- Our backend is developed all in Python running in the cloud over k8s.
- It’s not a typical backend interacting with a UI frontend. It handles audio streams in real-time and runs our key AI algorithms.
- The role involves designing and implementing complex parts of the backend. This involves distributed architecture as well as concurrency while taking into consideration performance and scale.
We are a group of experts in Conversational AI and Backend SW, solving together unique technological challenges with creative practical and cutting edge solutions. We strongly believe in impact-driven employment where you can work from wherever you’re most comfortable and effective. Because of the myriad of challenges and the fast pace, each team member gets to experience a lot of professional growth and ownership.