Lead Product Designer Job Description
Our goal at Novu is to establish a new standard for software development. We are building the API’s and tools for next-generation companies to communicate with their customers better. Novu is designed on the practices and processes of relentless focus, fast execution, and commitment to the quality of craft.
Novu was founded in 2021 to create a notification infrastructure built for engineering teams to create the next-gen standard for product-to-user communication experiences.
Set up as an All Remote team from the beginning. The team is distributed between Europe and Asia and US-East coast. We only hire within those time zones. Join a diverse team of makers that love new challenges and value the craft of our work.
Since we’re a small team, each of us is a generalist that picks up new challenges regularly. Design is an area where we are looking for experienced people who can pick up problems and solve them. The design of our products is extremely important to us. Both the functionality and the aesthetic are important to us.
We live and breathe open-source, as a fully open-source company, we build publicly to hear the incredible opinions that the OSS community can offer. We are not only building a community, we are living inside one. Participating in the great work that so many amazing individuals do.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the overall direction of the company’s product and design
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineers and other partners
- Identify and develop features and improvements that can be shipped quickly and with high quality
- Develop and use our internal design system
- Design your features using flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- To ensure high-quality implementation, work closely with engineers and other partners
- Assist with hiring and establishing a company-wide design culture
- Help with other design tasks for marketing and various company projects we run internally.
- Several years of experience leading and designing interactive applications
- Excellent visual, UI and interaction skills
What we offer
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employee-friendly equity terms
- MacBook Pro and accessories
- Stipend to set up your home office
- Work remotely, no commuting to the office
- Paid co-working space/desk at an office
- Regular team events and off-sites