Are you a German speaker passionate about learning new technology and solving complex problems for key customers? VMware has a Technical Support role for you. You will be working on the latest and top of the line technology suite, becoming an expert in the industry.
In the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing:
- As a starting level Technical Support Engineer, you will be learning VMware virtualization technologies and help our customers troubleshoot, understand, and overcome challenges in their operation.
- First steps in this role will be to upskill on Global support processes and products, to understand how the technology works, and how our customers use it.
- Once achieved, you will support global customers issues, with the support of tenured engineers, through troubleshooting, research and lab reproduction.
- As your skill set grows, you will work on additional product lines and progress your skillset on more technologies and, working with senior engineers build cases to shape product development, based on how customers are using the VMware Suite.
- Throughout this time, and your career at VMware, you will be able to develop through training, learning tools, research time and training days.
Type of work, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for resolving customer technical issues. Key strengths for this role would be motivated, keen to learn, strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills, someone who embraces challenges. To be successful in this role, you will:
- Learn new communication and technological skills, including, but not limited to Technical Expertise, Applied Logic, as well as Time, Queue and Customer management.
- Resolve complex queries while providing world class support to our customers.
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve issues, using labs, logs bundles and knowledge base, peer to peer collaboration and other tools you will learn in this role.
- Partner with Engineering, Field Teams and Technical experts to resolve issues to make it easier for customers to use our technology.
- Updating and creating knowledge articles for global circulation and use, based on the issues you have resolved.